Opening Day should be a national holiday!
Bryce Harper (@bharper3407)
- Rick Ankiel wrote a book that is a must-read!
- Game #24 without Adam Eaton, #Nats must move forward
- #Nats lose Adam Eaton to an apparent leg injury; Lose game 7-5
- Game #23 The #Nats are back home; Mets in town for weekend series
- Half St. and other #Nats fans invaded Coors Field for an historic series!
- What is so different about this 2017 line-up? #Nats take top spot in MLB Power Rankings!
- The Nationals take a happy flight back to D.C. on the wings of a 9-1 road trip!
- Game #22 The last game of this road trip; Gio gets the finale in an Au Revoir to Denver;
- Blake Perkins pulled off the rare walk-off in both ends of a doubleheader!
- 5 Guys Boomers & Long Flies! #Nats
Category Cloud18GameRecap Analysis Awards Breaking BudBlack Bullpen CoachingStaff Dusty Espinosa Feature FreeAgents Gio Giolito Harper InGame Jayson JRoss Lerners Lineup MASN MedicalStaff MikeRizzo Murphy NLEast Papelbon PostSeason Prospects Ramos Recap Rendon Revere RizzoForADay Roark Roster RyanZimmerman Sabermetrics Schedule Scherzer SpringTraining Starters Storen Strasburg Taylor Turner Uncategorized
Category Archives: 18GameRecap
My 18-game posts have a long and sordid history. For those who are new to this rodeo, check out the first few paragraphs of last year’s first 18-gamer for an explanation of what these posts are all about. And for links to … Continue reading
For previous 18-gamers, click here. Everyone’s attention has turned to the playoffs, and Saturday’s rainout means we have to wait until 1 pm on Sunday to see if the Nats can overcome that 1-0 deficit to the Dodgers. So there’s … Continue reading
For previous 18-gamers, click here. As the last 18 game set came to a close, the Nats had lost three straight to the Orioles. In the third loss, Daniel Murphy hit his first career grand slam in the 9th inning … Continue reading
For previous 18-gamers, click here. After the Nats’ third straight loss to the O’s on Wednesday night, if you asked just about any fan about how the last 18 games have gone, the answer would likely have been “not very … Continue reading
For previous 18-gamers, click here. The last 18-game set conveniently concluded at the All Star break. As the baseball world’s attention turned to the mid-summer classic in San Diego, the Nats were 18 games over .500 and six games ahead … Continue reading
Fortuitously for your faithful contributor who needed a little more time to pull together a post, the Nats 90th game of the season was last Sunday, with five days before the next game. So this 5th 18-gamer of the year … Continue reading
The Nats finished the first third of the season with a record of 33-21, and a three game lead over the New York Mets. They continued to play solid baseball in the most recent 18 game set, finishing 10-8. Even … Continue reading
When we left the Nats after game 36, they were 23-13, having followed a scorching 14-4 start by going 9-9 in their next 18 games. But .500 didn’t look too bad considering the tough opposition they faced (Cardinals, Royals, Cubs, … Continue reading
Sure would be nice if we could just forget the last two games of the Marlins series, wouldn’t it? Well, since the second 18 games of the season ended with the front end of Saturday’s doubleheader, let’s do that. For … Continue reading