Opening Day should be a national holiday!
Bryce Harper (@bharper3407)
- 8th 18-gamer: One goal achieved ahead of schedule, tougher challenges await
- Strasburg, Zimmerman, Lind, and “The Firm” even up the season with the Dodgers!
- Game #149 Strasburg and #Nats trying to salvage this one
- “[Bryce] Harper is on the way.”- Dusty Baker
- The #Nats made a game of it and fall 3-2
- Game #148 AJ Cole gets the start; Rich Hill for the Dodgers
- This game was over early as EJax gives up 7 over 2 1/3; #Nats bullpen throws shutout over 6 2/3
- Game #147 Dusty Baker goes with his #1 lineup tonight against the Dodgers with EJax on the mound
- Does Victor Robles have a real shot at making the NLDS roster?
- Nats win this one behind Roark, Robles and Running
Category Cloud18GameRecap Analysis Awards Breaking Bullpen CoachingStaff Dusty Espinosa Feature FreeAgents Gio Giolito Harper InGame Jayson JRoss Kelley Lerners Lineup MASN MedicalStaff MikeRizzo Murphy NLEast Papelbon PostSeason Prospects Ramos Recap Rendon Revere RizzoForADay Roark Roster RyanZimmerman Sabermetrics Schedule Scherzer SpringTraining Starters Storen Strasburg Taylor Turner Uncategorized
Search Results for: 18-gamer
For previous 18 gamers, click here. At the end of the 7th 18-game set, the Nats were 26 games over .500 and stood atop the NL East by 12 1/2 games. The division title seemed assured: the question was not … Continue reading
For previous 18 gamers, click here. You may recall that the 6th 18-gamer was essentially the Bryce Harper show. With six homers, five in the first inning, Bryce led the way to a 10-8 set with a lot of help from … Continue reading
For previous 18 gamers, click here. Another pretty good 18 game set for the Nats, keyed by a newly reliable bullpen. 10-8 put us at 64-44, still 20 games over .500 and 13 games up on the Miami Marlins in the … Continue reading
For previous 18 gamers, click here. Regular readers know that Game 90 took place when I was out of the country. Putting together a blog post as scheduled was not in the cards, but I did manage to keep tab … Continue reading
For previous 18 gamers, click here. The fourth 18-game set was the worst of the Nats’ season so far, 9-9. As regular readers of these 18-gamers know, averaging 10-8 in the nine sets in the season gets you 90 wins, … Continue reading
For links to previous 18-gamers, click here. You will recall that in the second 18-game set this season the Nats managed a 10-8 record despite some pitching woes, because their hitters continued to be on fire. The third set of 18 … Continue reading
For links to previous 18-gamers, click here. Following up their hot 13-5 start, the Nats logged a respectable 10-8 in the second 18 game set. Their 23-13 record after the first two sets is exactly the same as the record … Continue reading
My 18-game posts have a long and sordid history. For those who are new to this rodeo, check out the first few paragraphs of last year’s first 18-gamer for an explanation of what these posts are all about. And for links to … Continue reading
For previous 18-gamers, click here. As the last 18 game set came to a close, the Nats had lost three straight to the Orioles. In the third loss, Daniel Murphy hit his first career grand slam in the 9th inning … Continue reading