Oh little team of Washington
How still we see thee lie!
As other teams fulfill their dreams
The Nats are standing by.
They’ve signed a few free agents
Some scrap heap pick-ups too.
Among those guys there is no prize
This patchwork team must do.
The fans have expectations—
Like Rizzo’s budget—low.
Vote with their feet? Nats won’t repeat
Their wins four years ago.
But hope is everlasting
Some fans will stay ‘til fall.
It may be bad, at least they had
The year they won it all.
"Opening Day should be a National holiday"
- Game #56 The mistakes that don’t show up in the box score!
- Game #55 Nationals mistakes are costly!
- LSU head coach: Paul Skenes is the “closest comparison since Stephen Strasburg”
- Game #54 The Nats are back in L.A. for NL baseball!
- Game #53 is huge for the Nats! Also big prospect news!
- Game #52 The Nats bats came alive last night in a KC masterpiece!
- Game #51 Nats in Kansas City
- Series preview: Nationals vs Royals
- Is it a message from the baseball gods that the Nats aren’t ready?
- Game #50 will determine this series winner and standings movement!