The Washington Nationals played a baseball game or something and also here’s a recipe for a North African-inspired chili.
Lamb and Chickpea Chili
1 lb ground lamb
1 yellow bell pepper
4 cloves garlic
1 Tbsp olive oil
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
1 lg can (28 oz) whole tomatoes
1 can chickpeas
1 Tbsp chili powder
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
¼ tsp cinnamon
1 bunch kale
2 Tbsp cilantro (or to taste)
1. Mince garlic if using fresh.
2. Chop bell pepper into ½- to 1-inch pieces.
3. Heat oil over medium heat in skillet and saute bell pepper and garlic until soft, about 5 minutes.
4. Add ground lamb, salt, and pepper and saute until no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes. Use a wooden spoon or spatula to break up meat.
5. Transfer contents of pan to large saucepan or Dutch oven, taking special caution to keep oil from spilling into pot.
6. Add 2 cups of water along with canned tomatoes, chickpeas, chili powder, cayenne pepper, and cinnamon to pot. Use spoon to break apart whole tomatoes if desired.
7. Stem and chop kale into ribbons. This can be done using kitchen scissors over pot if desired.
8. Bring to boil and then reduce heat to low before adding kale. Simmer on low heat for 15 minutes, or until tomatoes have broken down and kale is tender.
9. Remove from heat and top with chopped cilantro before serving.