Starting pitcher Joe Ross returns from his blister issue on his throwing hand, and the Nats await Wilson Ramos to return from his bereavement leave in Venezuela. Ben Revere edges closer to his return from the DL, and the calendar is close to turning to May which has the day of May
29th 31st circled with the notation TVT day as Danny Espinosa says “not so fast” as he tries to show his manager he is poised to get above Mendoza and make a positive impact on this team. Espinosa got the Nats the GW RBIs last night on his 1st home run of the season.
Here are the numbers as to why it is May 31. 172 days is defined as a service year.
- In 2015, Turner accumulated 45 service days:
- Called up August 21, so 11 days in August
- 30 days in September
- 4 days in October (last day of the regular season was October 4).
- That leaves 126 days to get to 171.
- Regular season ends October 3 (post-season does not count towards service time). So we have 126-3=123
- All of September: 123-30=93
- All of August: 93-31=62
- All of July: 62-31=31
- All of June: 31-30=1
- So only one day is May – so the earliest call up date is May 31
Now back to our regularly scheduled discussion!
The Nats offense returned to form last night, and get ready today for a 2:15pm game against lefty Jaime Garcia of the St. Louis Cardinals.
Here are the Nats stats against Jaime Garcia:
Here are Joe Ross’ stats against the Cardinals:
Line-up (subject to change without notice):
- Michael Taylor CF
- Anthony Rendon 3B
- Bryce Harper RF
- Ryan Zimmerman 1B
- Daniel Murphy 2B
- Jayson Werth LF
- Danny Espinosa
- Jose Lobaton C
- Joe Ross P