Opening Day should be a national holiday!
Bryce Harper (@bharper3407)
- Mets travel to TBOTPB; Fedde starts; Team USA victorious!
- Tanner Roark and Daniel Murphy are the best of baseball
- Max Scherzer makes his Grapefruit League debut; Roark stars in the WBC; Zimmerman is in a groove
- Nats Bats on the Upswing?
- Tanner Roark gets the historic start for Team USA in what he acknowledged is the biggest game of his career!
- The Braves travel to TBOTPB; Words exchanged between Baker & Leyland over WBC
- The Bronx Bombers visit TBOTPB; Vance Worley gets the start! Ryan Zimmerman update
- What Does Statcast’s New Catch Probability Metric Tell Us About the Washington Nationals?
- Back to Jupiter with Stephen Strasburg; Team USA wins Roark/Murphy
- Nats and Astros again in TBOTPB; Werth scratched; WBC Murphy/Roark
Category Cloud18GameRecap Analysis Awards Breaking BudBlack Bullpen CoachingStaff Dusty Espinosa Feature FreeAgents Gio Giolito Harper InGame Jayson JRoss Lerners Lineup MASN MedicalStaff MikeRizzo Murphy NewsAndNotes NLEast Papelbon PostSeason Prospects Ramos Recap Rendon Revere RizzoForADay Roark Roster RyanZimmerman Sabermetrics Schedule Scherzer SpringTraining Starters Storen Strasburg Taylor Turner
Category Archives: SpringTraining
We got TV coverage today for the 1:05pm game between the New York Mets and the Washington Nationals on MASN! This will give everyone a good look at the Nationals top pitching prospect Erick Fedde.
What an exciting 24 hours in Nats camp! Team USA is heading to the WBC finals which was all made possible by a four-inning shut-out performance by the Washington Nationals’ own Tanner Roark! Roark spun a 2-hit gem while throwing … Continue reading
The Washington Nationals have a Grapefruit League game today with the Atlanta Braves at The Ballpark of the Palm Beaches at 1:05 pm and about 5 hours after that game is complete, Tanner Roark will be pitching for Team USA … Continue reading
The New York Yankees made this trip to Palm Beach County as a true road trip. If you were to drive from their stadium in Tampa to The Ballpark of the Palm Beaches, it is over 204 miles and it … Continue reading
The Nationals travel less than 14 miles north once again to Roger Dean Stadium for a game against the NL East Miami Marlins in Jupiter, Florida. Roger Dean Stadium is also the home for the St. Louis Cardinals which makes … Continue reading
How does Dusty Baker put together a line-up? He tries many variations in Spring Training because that is what Spring Training is for. Adam Eaton was off the charts last year as a defensive RF, and today he is in left … Continue reading
In today’s game against the Marlins, top prospect right-handed pitcher Erick Fedde gets another start for the Washington Nationals. The stands will have scouts and fans in attendance at this game. It is unclear why the scouts are tracking Erick … Continue reading
Today is the day that Section222 pointed out yesterday is the day of trepidation as Derek Norris could be Patterson’d. Before the 2008 season started, the Nationals used the mid-March calendar to release John Patterson who was an arbitration-eligible player … Continue reading
Let us begin with some housekeeping of misconceptions on Derek Norris. He was put on revocable waivers, and not Designated for Assignment or given his outright release (although that could still happen as well as a trade). Norris is actually … Continue reading
On the baseball calendar, March 15th loomed as a date when a team could literally dump any arbitration-eligible player and eat just 1/6th of their 2017 salary. It rarely happens that an arbitration-eligible player is released in this manner. The … Continue reading