Opening Day should be a national holiday!
Bryce Harper (@bharper3407)
- Rick Ankiel wrote a book that is a must-read!
- Game #24 without Adam Eaton, #Nats must move forward
- #Nats lose Adam Eaton to an apparent leg injury; Lose game 7-5
- Game #23 The #Nats are back home; Mets in town for weekend series
- Half St. and other #Nats fans invaded Coors Field for an historic series!
- What is so different about this 2017 line-up? #Nats take top spot in MLB Power Rankings!
- The Nationals take a happy flight back to D.C. on the wings of a 9-1 road trip!
- Game #22 The last game of this road trip; Gio gets the finale in an Au Revoir to Denver;
- Blake Perkins pulled off the rare walk-off in both ends of a doubleheader!
- 5 Guys Boomers & Long Flies! #Nats
Category Cloud18GameRecap Analysis Awards Breaking BudBlack Bullpen CoachingStaff Dusty Espinosa Feature FreeAgents Gio Giolito Harper InGame Jayson JRoss Lerners Lineup MASN MedicalStaff MikeRizzo Murphy NLEast Papelbon PostSeason Prospects Ramos Recap Rendon Revere RizzoForADay Roark Roster RyanZimmerman Sabermetrics Schedule Scherzer SpringTraining Starters Storen Strasburg Taylor Turner Uncategorized
Category Archives: Sabermetrics
Any Nats fan who has listened to Anthony “Tony Two Bags” Rendon talk about hitting knows what “barreling the ball up” means. TTB talks about that as his goal in just about any situation – making solid contact with the … Continue reading
Hello everyone! This is Tyler Babip (Tyler Babbie in real life), checking in with my first post for TalkNats. I am a graduate student, and this summer I got a fellowship to make some maps for a website using software … Continue reading
There has been a lot of discussion lately about what’s wrong with Ryan Zimmerman. Is he aging too quickly; is he hurt; and so on. The other day there was a debate about how he always takes the first pitch. In … Continue reading
Time for a change of pace. Talking about losing is a loser. Ghost found and shared a great article Statistics Level Baseball’s Playing Field that talks about how Santos Saldivar was discovered with the help of stats. There are almost certainly lots of … Continue reading
In the last couple of weeks there have been questions about the batting order. And historically there has much debate about who, and what kind of batter should bat in certain spots in the order. So in response to those … Continue reading
I love analytics. Really. The numbers quite often confirm what we see on the field, and indeed they often explain why things are the way they are. You want to know when Bryce Harper took that next step and became an … Continue reading
The Nats travel to Port St. Lucie to face their division NL East rival, the NY Mets, in the Nats finale in 2016 for the Grapefruit League. Max Scherzer will stay behind in Viera and pitch in a minor league … Continue reading
Sam Mondry-Cohen of the Nationals presented at the DC chapter of the Society for American Baseball Research (SABR) on Saturday, January 30, 2016. He provided an excellent overview of how the Nationals’ analytics group has grown and some of the things … Continue reading
Lots of very interesting presentations at the DC SABR meeting today. Sam Mondry-Cohen of the Nationals had the meatiest presentation. Will have an overview of his presentation within the next day. But here is a quickie post to give Ghost a … Continue reading