Opening Day should be a national holiday!
Bryce Harper (@bharper3407)
- Mets travel to TBOTPB; Fedde starts; Team USA victorious!
- Tanner Roark and Daniel Murphy are the best of baseball
- Max Scherzer makes his Grapefruit League debut; Roark stars in the WBC; Zimmerman is in a groove
- Nats Bats on the Upswing?
- Tanner Roark gets the historic start for Team USA in what he acknowledged is the biggest game of his career!
- The Braves travel to TBOTPB; Words exchanged between Baker & Leyland over WBC
- The Bronx Bombers visit TBOTPB; Vance Worley gets the start! Ryan Zimmerman update
- What Does Statcast’s New Catch Probability Metric Tell Us About the Washington Nationals?
- Back to Jupiter with Stephen Strasburg; Team USA wins Roark/Murphy
- Nats and Astros again in TBOTPB; Werth scratched; WBC Murphy/Roark
Category Cloud18GameRecap Analysis Awards Breaking BudBlack Bullpen CoachingStaff Dusty Espinosa Feature FreeAgents Gio Giolito Harper InGame Jayson JRoss Lerners Lineup MASN MedicalStaff MikeRizzo Murphy NewsAndNotes NLEast Papelbon PostSeason Prospects Ramos Recap Rendon Revere RizzoForADay Roark Roster RyanZimmerman Sabermetrics Schedule Scherzer SpringTraining Starters Storen Strasburg Taylor Turner
Category Archives: Taylor
The Ballpark of the Palm Beaches is a winner, a really nice job done by West Palm Beach, the Nats, and Astros. Beautiful ballpark. (Any critiques in this piece should be taken with the understanding that the good far outweighed … Continue reading
What a way to open The Ballpark of the Palm Beaches with some nifty pitching, clutch hitting, and a walk-off to save the game from tie for a Washington Nationals 4-3 win. They say there are no ties in baseball, … Continue reading
Fortuitously for your faithful contributor who needed a little more time to pull together a post, the Nats 90th game of the season was last Sunday, with five days before the next game. So this 5th 18-gamer of the year … Continue reading
Ben Revere sustained an injury to his right-side oblique and ribcage area. Revere said after Monday’s Opening Day that he would take his meds and get some rest and see how he feels. On Tuesday he got some treatment, and today … Continue reading
I love analytics. Really. The numbers quite often confirm what we see on the field, and indeed they often explain why things are the way they are. You want to know when Bryce Harper took that next step and became an … Continue reading
The Washington Nationals finished Spring Training with the best Spring Training record in the Majors with a 19-4-4 Won-Loss-Tie record. While we can be optimistic about much of what we saw, let’s check how Spring Training records relate to World … Continue reading
Yesterday, it was the Nats in Jupiter for a night game against the Marlins, and that was a complete wash-out. Today, the Nationals return to the same stadium hoping it has dried out for a game against the St. Louis … Continue reading
Michael A. Taylor will turn 25 years old this week, and he is turning heads in Florida as opposing players have watched and turned their heads to see MAT bombs leave the stadium 3 times so far this Spring. While … Continue reading
Life is about adjustments. And sometimes, you just get very lucky and draw to that inside straight. So after a good night’s sleep and a morning workout, we had planned an afternoon visit to minor league camp to check out … Continue reading
From Spring Training we have photos from Gerry Gleckel in Nats camp in Viera Florida. Tomorrow begins the first workouts for pitchers and catchers as the pitchers will be lined up side-by-side on these mounds.