Opening Day should be a national holiday!
Bryce Harper (@bharper3407)
- Game #124 EJax is trying to build on his recent success for the #Nats
- Matt Wieters powers the offense; “The Firm” gets it done!
- Game #123 Nationals to face one of the best teams in the American League
- Split Squad line-up beats their “A” line-up in 6 of 9 games since Bryce Harper’s injury
- Syracuse Chiefs Game #128 features #Nats Trea Turner & Jayson Werth
- The #Nats bullpen goes from a weakness to a strength
- Gio pitches a gem lowering his ERA to 2.39; Nats win 3 of 4 in San Diego
- Game #122 The Nationals final regular season game in California
- Stephen Strasburg looked great even though he takes the 2 ER loss
- Game #121 Stephen Strasburg the kid from San Diego!
Category Cloud18GameRecap Analysis Awards Breaking BudBlack Bullpen CoachingStaff Dusty Espinosa Feature FreeAgents Gio Giolito Harper InGame Jayson JRoss Kelley Lerners Lineup MASN MedicalStaff MikeRizzo Murphy NLEast Papelbon PostSeason Prospects Ramos Recap Rendon Revere RizzoForADay Roark Roster RyanZimmerman Sabermetrics Schedule Scherzer SpringTraining Starters Storen Strasburg Taylor Turner
Category Archives: Taylor
For previous 18 gamers, click here. Regular readers know that Game 90 took place when I was out of the country. Putting together a blog post as scheduled was not in the cards, but I did manage to keep tab … Continue reading
For previous 18 gamers, click here. The fourth 18-game set was the worst of the Nats’ season so far, 9-9. As regular readers of these 18-gamers know, averaging 10-8 in the nine sets in the season gets you 90 wins, … Continue reading
The Ballpark of the Palm Beaches is a winner, a really nice job done by West Palm Beach, the Nats, and Astros. Beautiful ballpark. (Any critiques in this piece should be taken with the understanding that the good far outweighed … Continue reading
What a way to open The Ballpark of the Palm Beaches with some nifty pitching, clutch hitting, and a walk-off to save the game from tie for a Washington Nationals 4-3 win. They say there are no ties in baseball, … Continue reading
Fortuitously for your faithful contributor who needed a little more time to pull together a post, the Nats 90th game of the season was last Sunday, with five days before the next game. So this 5th 18-gamer of the year … Continue reading
Ben Revere sustained an injury to his right-side oblique and ribcage area. Revere said after Monday’s Opening Day that he would take his meds and get some rest and see how he feels. On Tuesday he got some treatment, and today … Continue reading
I love analytics. Really. The numbers quite often confirm what we see on the field, and indeed they often explain why things are the way they are. You want to know when Bryce Harper took that next step and became an … Continue reading
The Washington Nationals finished Spring Training with the best Spring Training record in the Majors with a 19-4-4 Won-Loss-Tie record. While we can be optimistic about much of what we saw, let’s check how Spring Training records relate to World … Continue reading
Yesterday, it was the Nats in Jupiter for a night game against the Marlins, and that was a complete wash-out. Today, the Nationals return to the same stadium hoping it has dried out for a game against the St. Louis … Continue reading