Opening Day should be a national holiday!
Bryce Harper (@bharper3407)
- Mets travel to TBOTPB; Fedde starts; Team USA victorious!
- Tanner Roark and Daniel Murphy are the best of baseball
- Max Scherzer makes his Grapefruit League debut; Roark stars in the WBC; Zimmerman is in a groove
- Nats Bats on the Upswing?
- Tanner Roark gets the historic start for Team USA in what he acknowledged is the biggest game of his career!
- The Braves travel to TBOTPB; Words exchanged between Baker & Leyland over WBC
- The Bronx Bombers visit TBOTPB; Vance Worley gets the start! Ryan Zimmerman update
- What Does Statcast’s New Catch Probability Metric Tell Us About the Washington Nationals?
- Back to Jupiter with Stephen Strasburg; Team USA wins Roark/Murphy
- Nats and Astros again in TBOTPB; Werth scratched; WBC Murphy/Roark
Category Cloud18GameRecap Analysis Awards Breaking BudBlack Bullpen CoachingStaff Dusty Espinosa Feature FreeAgents Gio Giolito Harper InGame Jayson JRoss Lerners Lineup MASN MedicalStaff MikeRizzo Murphy NewsAndNotes NLEast Papelbon PostSeason Prospects Ramos Recap Rendon Revere RizzoForADay Roark Roster RyanZimmerman Sabermetrics Schedule Scherzer SpringTraining Starters Storen Strasburg Taylor Turner
Category Archives: Strasburg
First, we need to talk about Stephen Strasburg‘s 2017 Grapefruit League debut which added some intrigue to the normal mix of “things you never saw before”. Strasburg toed the rubber at The Ballpark of the Palm Beaches to face Cardinals … Continue reading
We all knew that Stephen Strasburg and Wilson Ramos were set to be free agents after this season, and much to the surprise of Nats’ fans, Strasburg signed a mega-extension leaving Ramos as the lone starter for the Nationals this … Continue reading
For previous 18-gamers, click here. As the last 18 game set came to a close, the Nats had lost three straight to the Orioles. In the third loss, Daniel Murphy hit his first career grand slam in the 9th inning … Continue reading
This is a bittersweet win. The Nationals pulled Stephen Strasburg after 42 pitches in the 3rd inning with an apparent arm issue. The good news is the Nationals fought from behind to take the game to extra innings, and then … Continue reading
For previous 18-gamers, click here. After the Nats’ third straight loss to the O’s on Wednesday night, if you asked just about any fan about how the last 18 games have gone, the answer would likely have been “not very … Continue reading
For previous 18-gamers, click here. The last 18-game set conveniently concluded at the All Star break. As the baseball world’s attention turned to the mid-summer classic in San Diego, the Nats were 18 games over .500 and six games ahead … Continue reading
Fortuitously for your faithful contributor who needed a little more time to pull together a post, the Nats 90th game of the season was last Sunday, with five days before the next game. So this 5th 18-gamer of the year … Continue reading
Little did anyone in the Nationals organization know, when they flew into Seattle for a three game series in June 2008, what was on the line. That inter-league series could end up being decisive losses and/or wins in a contest … Continue reading
When we left the Nats after game 36, they were 23-13, having followed a scorching 14-4 start by going 9-9 in their next 18 games. But .500 didn’t look too bad considering the tough opposition they faced (Cardinals, Royals, Cubs, … Continue reading
Tonight, Stephen Strasburg was the star of the game, and Felipe Rivero got the big Hold in the 7th inning to propel the Nats as the bats came alive. Home runs by Ryan Zimmerman, Anthony Rendon, Daniel Murphy, Ben Revere, … Continue reading