Opening Day should be a national holiday!
Bryce Harper (@bharper3407)
- The 2018 #Nats roster and the free agents, options, and projections
- 111 questions for the 111 days to Spring Training
- Grading the 2017 Washington Nationals: Pitchers
- Baseball games should not be decided on non-baseball plays
- Analysis: Scherzer vs. Zobrist; The at-bat that changed Game #5
- The NLDS stats could shock you that Nats topped the Cubs in almost every category — except the win column which counts the most.
- Unfortunately more Game #5 Deja Vu as the Nats 2017 ends.
- Game #5 NLDS; One team will fly to LA after this game; One team will go home!
- First things first, who starts Game #5 tonight? Many choices and strategies!
- Stephen Strasburg makes Game #5 possible with a shutout for the ages! Trea scores; MAT slams; Nats win 5-0
Category Cloud18GameRecap Analysis Awards Breaking Bullpen CoachingStaff Dusty Espinosa Feature FreeAgents Gio Giolito Harper InGame Jayson JRoss Kelley Lerners Lineup MASN MedicalStaff MikeRizzo Murphy NLEast Papelbon PostSeason Prospects Ramos Recap Rendon Revere RizzoForADay Roark Roster RyanZimmerman Sabermetrics Schedule Scherzer SpringTraining Starters Storen Strasburg Taylor Turner Uncategorized
Category Archives: Strasburg
The term has ended, and now the report card is due. How did the Washington Nationals fare in 2017? Some excelled. Some disappointed. While we lick our wounds from another first-round loss in the playoffs, let’s take a look back … Continue reading
A few weeks ago, we had a very active discussion of what might be, or should be, the starting pitching rotation in the playoffs, particularly the pros and cons of pitching Max and/or Stras on 3-days rest at certain strategic … Continue reading
For previous 18 gamers, click here. At the end of the 7th 18-game set, the Nats were 26 games over .500 and stood atop the NL East by 12 1/2 games. The division title seemed assured: the question was not … Continue reading
For previous 18 gamers, click here. You may recall that the 6th 18-gamer was essentially the Bryce Harper show. With six homers, five in the first inning, Bryce led the way to a 10-8 set with a lot of help from … Continue reading
A real estate agent learns quickly about the key to location, location location. The Potomac Nationals would make Mister Rogers proud with his “It’s a beautiful day in this neighborhood” as the PNats were conceived from the original 1978 Alexandria … Continue reading
For previous 18 gamers, click here. Another pretty good 18 game set for the Nats, keyed by a newly reliable bullpen. 10-8 put us at 64-44, still 20 games over .500 and 13 games up on the Miami Marlins in the … Continue reading
For previous 18 gamers, click here. Regular readers know that Game 90 took place when I was out of the country. Putting together a blog post as scheduled was not in the cards, but I did manage to keep tab … Continue reading
For previous 18 gamers, click here. The fourth 18-game set was the worst of the Nats’ season so far, 9-9. As regular readers of these 18-gamers know, averaging 10-8 in the nine sets in the season gets you 90 wins, … Continue reading
For links to previous 18-gamers, click here. You will recall that in the second 18-game set this season the Nats managed a 10-8 record despite some pitching woes, because their hitters continued to be on fire. The third set of 18 … Continue reading