Opening Day should be a national holiday!
Bryce Harper (@bharper3407)
- The 2018 #Nats roster and the free agents, options, and projections
- 111 questions for the 111 days to Spring Training
- Grading the 2017 Washington Nationals: Pitchers
- Baseball games should not be decided on non-baseball plays
- Analysis: Scherzer vs. Zobrist; The at-bat that changed Game #5
- The NLDS stats could shock you that Nats topped the Cubs in almost every category — except the win column which counts the most.
- Unfortunately more Game #5 Deja Vu as the Nats 2017 ends.
- Game #5 NLDS; One team will fly to LA after this game; One team will go home!
- First things first, who starts Game #5 tonight? Many choices and strategies!
- Stephen Strasburg makes Game #5 possible with a shutout for the ages! Trea scores; MAT slams; Nats win 5-0
Category Cloud18GameRecap Analysis Awards Breaking Bullpen CoachingStaff Dusty Espinosa Feature FreeAgents Gio Giolito Harper InGame Jayson JRoss Kelley Lerners Lineup MASN MedicalStaff MikeRizzo Murphy NLEast Papelbon PostSeason Prospects Ramos Recap Rendon Revere RizzoForADay Roark Roster RyanZimmerman Sabermetrics Schedule Scherzer SpringTraining Starters Storen Strasburg Taylor Turner Uncategorized
Category Archives: Storen
Washington DC mixes business and politics all the time so why not the business of baseball? Senate Majority leader Mitch McConnell who is a die-hard Nats fan gave his 2¢ when it came to Jonathan Papelbon (video below) as he … Continue reading
Updated: Front of the bullpen constructed in Nashville. Trevor Gott, Oliver Perez, Shawn Kelley, Yusmeiro Petit.
Many of the GMs and agents have done like Elvis and left the building! The Winter Meetings are winding down, and Rizzo has made many moves and planted many seeds. Mike Rizzo didn’t get Darren O’Day as he wasn’t going … Continue reading
There was breaking news Sunday night that Jonathan Papelbon had filed a grievance against the Nats to receive payment pertaining to his 4 game suspension from the Nats to finish the 2015 season. This seemed like breaking news as in “current … Continue reading
Mike Rizzo was expecting a quiet Sunday check-in at the Gaylord resort in Nashville when he was peppered with questions about a report from Rob Bradford of the Boston press who has a source telling him that Papelbon has filed … Continue reading
One of the recurring issues that comes up on many of our discussions is the bullpen, and specifically Papelbon and Storen. There are lots of opinions about both of them. As both a fan (and fans, by definition, are not … Continue reading
Before the clock strikes midnight EST tomorrow night, teams must submit to the league office a list of all tenders and non-tenders from players eligible for arbitration. The Nats now have 8 arbitration eligible players after Carpenter’s DFA: Stephen Strasburg … Continue reading
As Nats fans, the postseason heartache is all too painful with wins turned into losses from BS (Blown Saves) from the Closer spot. Mike Rizzo has tried and tried to upgrade the closer spot and this off-season will prove to … Continue reading
Mike Rizzo has to buy some gifts for his new manager Dusty Baker, and we aren’t talking about a shirt and tie combination. Rizzo has only given Dusty some housewarming gifts in Mike Maddux, Chris Speier, Davey Lopes, Jacque Jones, … Continue reading
The conventional wisdom is that too much hubris will bring retribution. The Greek gods are long gone from the equation. But, the meltdown and pending exit of one Drew Storen from the Nationals is the fodder of Greek Tragedies. Rather … Continue reading