Opening Day should be a national holiday!
Bryce Harper (@bharper3407)
- The 2018 #Nats roster and the free agents, options, and projections
- 111 questions for the 111 days to Spring Training
- Grading the 2017 Washington Nationals: Pitchers
- Baseball games should not be decided on non-baseball plays
- Analysis: Scherzer vs. Zobrist; The at-bat that changed Game #5
- The NLDS stats could shock you that Nats topped the Cubs in almost every category — except the win column which counts the most.
- Unfortunately more Game #5 Deja Vu as the Nats 2017 ends.
- Game #5 NLDS; One team will fly to LA after this game; One team will go home!
- First things first, who starts Game #5 tonight? Many choices and strategies!
- Stephen Strasburg makes Game #5 possible with a shutout for the ages! Trea scores; MAT slams; Nats win 5-0
Category Cloud18GameRecap Analysis Awards Breaking Bullpen CoachingStaff Dusty Espinosa Feature FreeAgents Gio Giolito Harper InGame Jayson JRoss Kelley Lerners Lineup MASN MedicalStaff MikeRizzo Murphy NLEast Papelbon PostSeason Prospects Ramos Recap Rendon Revere RizzoForADay Roark Roster RyanZimmerman Sabermetrics Schedule Scherzer SpringTraining Starters Storen Strasburg Taylor Turner Uncategorized
Category Archives: Starters
The term has ended, and now the report card is due. How did the Washington Nationals fare in 2017? Some excelled. Some disappointed. While we lick our wounds from another first-round loss in the playoffs, let’s take a look back … Continue reading
For previous 18 gamers, click here. The fourth 18-game set was the worst of the Nats’ season so far, 9-9. As regular readers of these 18-gamers know, averaging 10-8 in the nine sets in the season gets you 90 wins, … Continue reading
My 18-game posts have a long and sordid history. For those who are new to this rodeo, check out the first few paragraphs of last year’s first 18-gamer for an explanation of what these posts are all about. And for links to … Continue reading
You would never know it from the last week in the standings, but the Nationals 1-4 starting pitchers are all ranked by ERA in the Top 38 of the Major Leagues. They say if you are Top 30 in the … Continue reading
Official: Nats sign Strasburg to a 7 year extension. The Future Of The Nationals Rotation: Giolito, Gio Gonzalez, Ross, Roark, Scherzer, Strasburg, Voth
It’s official! Stephen Strasburg will be a Washington National for the foreseeable future. Timing is not always everything. How strange to leak the news of a Stephen Strasburg extension during the middle innings of last night’s game? This is huge … Continue reading
There has been a lot of discussion lately about trading Gio. And many of those suggesting it do qualify that suggestion by saying that the Nats should first sign a Free Agent starter. In 2015, the Nationals had 9 different … Continue reading
Blockbuster trades make the headlines in sports, and the distinction for the biggest baseball trade of this off-season belongs to the Diamondbacks and the Braves. The Braves dangled Shelby Miller out there like a great angler does with his favorite … Continue reading
Mike Rizzo wrapped up his last few hours in Nashville to pull off a trade that needed to be done at some point this off-season. No, not Papelbon, it was Yunel Escobar who was traded from the Nats along with … Continue reading
Mike Rizzo has confirmed that he has extended an offer to Mike Leake who is perhaps the highest rated starter remaining next to his ex-Reds teammate Johnny Cueto. Leake just turned 28 years old a month ago, and slots as … Continue reading