Opening Day should be a national holiday!
Bryce Harper (@bharper3407)
- Game #124 EJax is trying to build on his recent success for the #Nats
- Matt Wieters powers the offense; “The Firm” gets it done!
- Game #123 Nationals to face one of the best teams in the American League
- Split Squad line-up beats their “A” line-up in 6 of 9 games since Bryce Harper’s injury
- Syracuse Chiefs Game #128 features #Nats Trea Turner & Jayson Werth
- The #Nats bullpen goes from a weakness to a strength
- Gio pitches a gem lowering his ERA to 2.39; Nats win 3 of 4 in San Diego
- Game #122 The Nationals final regular season game in California
- Stephen Strasburg looked great even though he takes the 2 ER loss
- Game #121 Stephen Strasburg the kid from San Diego!
Category Cloud18GameRecap Analysis Awards Breaking BudBlack Bullpen CoachingStaff Dusty Espinosa Feature FreeAgents Gio Giolito Harper InGame Jayson JRoss Kelley Lerners Lineup MASN MedicalStaff MikeRizzo Murphy NLEast Papelbon PostSeason Prospects Ramos Recap Rendon Revere RizzoForADay Roark Roster RyanZimmerman Sabermetrics Schedule Scherzer SpringTraining Starters Storen Strasburg Taylor Turner
Category Archives: RyanZimmerman
Speaking subjectively using the “eye test” on Ryan Zimmerman doesn’t make you any friends in the media so you better come with the real stats if the angle is negative. The Washington Post touched on the touchy subject on July … Continue reading
For previous 18 gamers, click here. Another pretty good 18 game set for the Nats, keyed by a newly reliable bullpen. 10-8 put us at 64-44, still 20 games over .500 and 13 games up on the Miami Marlins in the … Continue reading
For previous 18 gamers, click here. Regular readers know that Game 90 took place when I was out of the country. Putting together a blog post as scheduled was not in the cards, but I did manage to keep tab … Continue reading
The game of baseball can be cruel to the youngsters, and veterans on short-term contracts. It is cruel to those players with injuries. It is unfair to those who don’t get a fair chance. Then you have the question of: … Continue reading
For previous 18 gamers, click here. The fourth 18-game set was the worst of the Nats’ season so far, 9-9. As regular readers of these 18-gamers know, averaging 10-8 in the nine sets in the season gets you 90 wins, … Continue reading
This game took a turn for the worse from a 3-2 Nats lead in the 6th inning. The top of the 6th inning finished with a 5-3 deficit and Ross departed with 5 2/3 innings in the books. Ross wasn’t … Continue reading
THE DRAFT Today is the first day of the 2017 MLB amateur draft. The Nationals first pick is at number 25 which some believe never gets you top talent. Au contraire, Mike Trout was a 25th overall pick and so … Continue reading
For links to previous 18-gamers, click here. You will recall that in the second 18-game set this season the Nats managed a 10-8 record despite some pitching woes, because their hitters continued to be on fire. The third set of 18 … Continue reading
For links to previous 18-gamers, click here. Following up their hot 13-5 start, the Nats logged a respectable 10-8 in the second 18 game set. Their 23-13 record after the first two sets is exactly the same as the record … Continue reading