Opening Day should be a national holiday!
Bryce Harper (@bharper3407)
- Mets travel to TBOTPB; Fedde starts; Team USA victorious!
- Tanner Roark and Daniel Murphy are the best of baseball
- Max Scherzer makes his Grapefruit League debut; Roark stars in the WBC; Zimmerman is in a groove
- Nats Bats on the Upswing?
- Tanner Roark gets the historic start for Team USA in what he acknowledged is the biggest game of his career!
- The Braves travel to TBOTPB; Words exchanged between Baker & Leyland over WBC
- The Bronx Bombers visit TBOTPB; Vance Worley gets the start! Ryan Zimmerman update
- What Does Statcast’s New Catch Probability Metric Tell Us About the Washington Nationals?
- Back to Jupiter with Stephen Strasburg; Team USA wins Roark/Murphy
- Nats and Astros again in TBOTPB; Werth scratched; WBC Murphy/Roark
Category Cloud18GameRecap Analysis Awards Breaking BudBlack Bullpen CoachingStaff Dusty Espinosa Feature FreeAgents Gio Giolito Harper InGame Jayson JRoss Lerners Lineup MASN MedicalStaff MikeRizzo Murphy NewsAndNotes NLEast Papelbon PostSeason Prospects Ramos Recap Rendon Revere RizzoForADay Roark Roster RyanZimmerman Sabermetrics Schedule Scherzer SpringTraining Starters Storen Strasburg Taylor Turner
Category Archives: Papelbon
For previous 18-gamers, click here. After the Nats’ third straight loss to the O’s on Wednesday night, if you asked just about any fan about how the last 18 games have gone, the answer would likely have been “not very … Continue reading
For previous 18-gamers, click here. The last 18-game set conveniently concluded at the All Star break. As the baseball world’s attention turned to the mid-summer classic in San Diego, the Nats were 18 games over .500 and six games ahead … Continue reading
Jonathan Papelbon pitched an easy outing exactly one week ago in a non-save situation against the Padres. His velo was big, and Pap looked great. Papelbon averaged 94mph on his fastball with good movement and almost hit 95 on the … Continue reading
Too many headlines today around the Nationals are swirling with putting the blame of yesterday’s loss on Jonathan Papelbon. It begs the question to how was Papelbon even available to pitch 3 days in a row? Papelbon was exactly 35 … Continue reading
Today we could have been writing a depressing tale about how the Nats bullpen lost a game while allowing a 5 run lead to disappear, and thankfully we are not. Luckily yesterday against the Reds, only a 4-run disappeared, and … Continue reading
Jonathan Papelbon gets a nailbiter save and strikes out Stanton to end the game. Joe Ross had to leave the game after 2 innings with a blister and the bullpen was nails. Yusmeiro Petit, Oliver Perez, Blake Treinen, and Papelbon … Continue reading
On a night where Bryce Harper had an 0-fer you worry that it was an “L” for the Nats in the standings but on this night it was Stephen Drew and Jayson Werth stepped up with Tanner Roark and it was … Continue reading
Some want Opening Day to be a National Holiday, and for Daniel Murphy , his first Opening Day as a member of the Nationals was like a Holiday: Joyous and festive and with a lot of meaning. Murphy was 2-3 with 2 … Continue reading
I love analytics. Really. The numbers quite often confirm what we see on the field, and indeed they often explain why things are the way they are. You want to know when Bryce Harper took that next step and became an … Continue reading
A zen-like silence came across the Nats clubhouse as there were only 2 players left. Gio Gonzalez and Jonathan Papelbon have lockers next to each other in the Space Coast Stadium clubhouse, and while they were teammates for 2 months … Continue reading