Opening Day should be a national holiday!
Bryce Harper (@bharper3407)
- 8th 18-gamer: One goal achieved ahead of schedule, tougher challenges await
- Strasburg, Zimmerman, Lind, and “The Firm” even up the season with the Dodgers!
- Game #149 Strasburg and #Nats trying to salvage this one
- “[Bryce] Harper is on the way.”- Dusty Baker
- The #Nats made a game of it and fall 3-2
- Game #148 AJ Cole gets the start; Rich Hill for the Dodgers
- This game was over early as EJax gives up 7 over 2 1/3; #Nats bullpen throws shutout over 6 2/3
- Game #147 Dusty Baker goes with his #1 lineup tonight against the Dodgers with EJax on the mound
- Does Victor Robles have a real shot at making the NLDS roster?
- Nats win this one behind Roark, Robles and Running
Category Cloud18GameRecap Analysis Awards Breaking Bullpen CoachingStaff Dusty Espinosa Feature FreeAgents Gio Giolito Harper InGame Jayson JRoss Kelley Lerners Lineup MASN MedicalStaff MikeRizzo Murphy NLEast Papelbon PostSeason Prospects Ramos Recap Rendon Revere RizzoForADay Roark Roster RyanZimmerman Sabermetrics Schedule Scherzer SpringTraining Starters Storen Strasburg Taylor Turner Uncategorized
Category Archives: Kelley
For previous 18 gamers, click here. At the end of the 7th 18-game set, the Nats were 26 games over .500 and stood atop the NL East by 12 1/2 games. The division title seemed assured: the question was not … Continue reading
For previous 18 gamers, click here. You may recall that the 6th 18-gamer was essentially the Bryce Harper show. With six homers, five in the first inning, Bryce led the way to a 10-8 set with a lot of help from … Continue reading
For previous 18 gamers, click here. The fourth 18-game set was the worst of the Nats’ season so far, 9-9. As regular readers of these 18-gamers know, averaging 10-8 in the nine sets in the season gets you 90 wins, … Continue reading
My 18-game posts have a long and sordid history. For those who are new to this rodeo, check out the first few paragraphs of last year’s first 18-gamer for an explanation of what these posts are all about. And for links to … Continue reading
For previous 18-gamers, click here. As the last 18 game set came to a close, the Nats had lost three straight to the Orioles. In the third loss, Daniel Murphy hit his first career grand slam in the 9th inning … Continue reading
For previous 18-gamers, click here. The last 18-game set conveniently concluded at the All Star break. As the baseball world’s attention turned to the mid-summer classic in San Diego, the Nats were 18 games over .500 and six games ahead … Continue reading
Fortuitously for your faithful contributor who needed a little more time to pull together a post, the Nats 90th game of the season was last Sunday, with five days before the next game. So this 5th 18-gamer of the year … Continue reading
The story of this game was: BABIP (that favored the Marlins and hurt the Nats). Not great defense. And what appeared to be an uncharacteristically very bad game by Lance Barksdale. Probably need to retract this I want to clone … Continue reading
Tomorrow is the start of Spring Training, and when these 2016 Nats are fully assembled, they boast a group of major award winners. Bryce Harper is the reigning NL MVP and was the 2012 Rookie of the Year, Max Scherzer … Continue reading