Opening Day should be a national holiday!
Bryce Harper (@bharper3407)
- Mets travel to TBOTPB; Fedde starts; Team USA victorious!
- Tanner Roark and Daniel Murphy are the best of baseball
- Max Scherzer makes his Grapefruit League debut; Roark stars in the WBC; Zimmerman is in a groove
- Nats Bats on the Upswing?
- Tanner Roark gets the historic start for Team USA in what he acknowledged is the biggest game of his career!
- The Braves travel to TBOTPB; Words exchanged between Baker & Leyland over WBC
- The Bronx Bombers visit TBOTPB; Vance Worley gets the start! Ryan Zimmerman update
- What Does Statcast’s New Catch Probability Metric Tell Us About the Washington Nationals?
- Back to Jupiter with Stephen Strasburg; Team USA wins Roark/Murphy
- Nats and Astros again in TBOTPB; Werth scratched; WBC Murphy/Roark
Category Cloud18GameRecap Analysis Awards Breaking BudBlack Bullpen CoachingStaff Dusty Espinosa Feature FreeAgents Gio Giolito Harper InGame Jayson JRoss Lerners Lineup MASN MedicalStaff MikeRizzo Murphy NewsAndNotes NLEast Papelbon PostSeason Prospects Ramos Recap Rendon Revere RizzoForADay Roark Roster RyanZimmerman Sabermetrics Schedule Scherzer SpringTraining Starters Storen Strasburg Taylor Turner
Category Archives: Jayson
For previous 18-gamers, click here. Everyone’s attention has turned to the playoffs, and Saturday’s rainout means we have to wait until 1 pm on Sunday to see if the Nats can overcome that 1-0 deficit to the Dodgers. So there’s … Continue reading
In the post-game news conference last night, Dusty Baker was discussing with five or six games left in the regular season that he is looking for players to step up as heroes. Have you ever heard Dusty talk about that before?
The Nats finished the first third of the season with a record of 33-21, and a three game lead over the New York Mets. They continued to play solid baseball in the most recent 18 game set, finishing 10-8. Even … Continue reading
Yogi Berra said it best, “It’s déjà vu all over again”. Dusty Baker did not hesitate 8 days later to put Jayson Werth into a similar spot he was in 8 days before. Bases loaded, pinch hitting, must drive the ball. … Continue reading
I wrote a shorter version on my MASN column on Tuesday and some have asked for the full piece as I am limited on space on that site: There is this player in Nats Park who has a cheering section … Continue reading
Michael Taylor and Danny Espinosa power the Nats to a victory. Forget Strasburg’s 1st inning because he pitched a gem in his next 6 innings. Defense backed up Strasburg after the 1st inning and Jonathan Papelbon pulls the string again … Continue reading
Gio Gonzalez with 2 earned runs over 6 full innings in a well pitched game and Gio was helped by Jayson Werth‘s Web Gem stealing a HR from Byron Buxton. The bullpen came in a finished up the remaining 3 … Continue reading
Stephen Strasburg was filthy and the Nats win 7-0 as Jayson Werth gave the Nats all the offense the Nats needed with his 200th HR! Wilson Ramos followed with a blast and with bases loaded Bryce Harper hit a Grand … Continue reading
And the best start in franchise history. The Nationals literally destroy the Phillies 9-1. The game was basically over after the top half of the first inning. It was simultaneously a laugher and a brilliantly managed game by Dusty.
On a night where Bryce Harper had an 0-fer you worry that it was an “L” for the Nats in the standings but on this night it was Stephen Drew and Jayson Werth stepped up with Tanner Roark and it was … Continue reading