Opening Day should be a national holiday!
Bryce Harper (@bharper3407)
- Rick Ankiel wrote a book that is a must-read!
- Game #24 without Adam Eaton, #Nats must move forward
- #Nats lose Adam Eaton to an apparent leg injury; Lose game 7-5
- Game #23 The #Nats are back home; Mets in town for weekend series
- Half St. and other #Nats fans invaded Coors Field for an historic series!
- What is so different about this 2017 line-up? #Nats take top spot in MLB Power Rankings!
- The Nationals take a happy flight back to D.C. on the wings of a 9-1 road trip!
- Game #22 The last game of this road trip; Gio gets the finale in an Au Revoir to Denver;
- Blake Perkins pulled off the rare walk-off in both ends of a doubleheader!
- 5 Guys Boomers & Long Flies! #Nats
Category Cloud18GameRecap Analysis Awards Breaking BudBlack Bullpen CoachingStaff Dusty Espinosa Feature FreeAgents Gio Giolito Harper InGame Jayson JRoss Lerners Lineup MASN MedicalStaff MikeRizzo Murphy NLEast Papelbon PostSeason Prospects Ramos Recap Rendon Revere RizzoForADay Roark Roster RyanZimmerman Sabermetrics Schedule Scherzer SpringTraining Starters Storen Strasburg Taylor Turner Uncategorized
Category Archives: FreeAgents
The Free Agent market is heating up and we’re debating here at TalkNats about signing Fowler or Cespedes or perhaps going “cheap” with a guy like Jon Jay or Carlos Gomez. Free Agency started forty years ago in 1976, and … Continue reading
On Wednesday, the Nats leave Florida on a Delta jet flight back to Washington DC after their final Grapefruit League game against the Mets in Port St. Lucie. The final cuts have not been made yet, however the roster has … Continue reading
It looks like Ian Desmond found a 1 year pillow deal with the Texas Rangers. More to follow! Once the Ian Desmond deal is official, the Nats will move up to the 28th and 29th spots in the Draft Order … Continue reading
It is February 1st and do you know where Ian Desmond is? Unfortunately Desi is one of the high profile free agents who still has not signed with a team. If Ian Desmond is signed by any team (other than … Continue reading
The twitterverse and the air waves were loaded with Cespedes rumors swirling with offers from the Nats. The deal isn’t done yet, and the waiting game is so much fun when the team that finished ahead of you last year … Continue reading
The Nationals are not done in the Free Agent market as Mike Rizzo will sign some additional veteran players to Minor League deals with invitations to Spring Training. Some call it filler, but Rizzo is looking for his next Clint … Continue reading
Seems pretty clear that the current Qualifying Offer (QO) system is working to the detriment of the players; and it is not clear that it provide any significant benefits to the teams. The way QOs will work (if they even exist) … Continue reading
From Opening Day to August 31st, there are only 750 employed Major League baseball players (plus disabled list players) at any one time. That breaks down to 150 starting pitchers, 210 relief pitchers, and 390 position players. There’s only 30 … Continue reading