Opening Day should be a national holiday!
Bryce Harper (@bharper3407)
- Game #124 EJax is trying to build on his recent success for the #Nats
- Matt Wieters powers the offense; “The Firm” gets it done!
- Game #123 Nationals to face one of the best teams in the American League
- Split Squad line-up beats their “A” line-up in 6 of 9 games since Bryce Harper’s injury
- Syracuse Chiefs Game #128 features #Nats Trea Turner & Jayson Werth
- The #Nats bullpen goes from a weakness to a strength
- Gio pitches a gem lowering his ERA to 2.39; Nats win 3 of 4 in San Diego
- Game #122 The Nationals final regular season game in California
- Stephen Strasburg looked great even though he takes the 2 ER loss
- Game #121 Stephen Strasburg the kid from San Diego!
Category Cloud18GameRecap Analysis Awards Breaking BudBlack Bullpen CoachingStaff Dusty Espinosa Feature FreeAgents Gio Giolito Harper InGame Jayson JRoss Kelley Lerners Lineup MASN MedicalStaff MikeRizzo Murphy NLEast Papelbon PostSeason Prospects Ramos Recap Rendon Revere RizzoForADay Roark Roster RyanZimmerman Sabermetrics Schedule Scherzer SpringTraining Starters Storen Strasburg Taylor Turner
Category Archives: FreeAgents
The Free Agent market is heating up and we’re debating here at TalkNats about signing Fowler or Cespedes or perhaps going “cheap” with a guy like Jon Jay or Carlos Gomez. Free Agency started forty years ago in 1976, and … Continue reading
On Wednesday, the Nats leave Florida on a Delta jet flight back to Washington DC after their final Grapefruit League game against the Mets in Port St. Lucie. The final cuts have not been made yet, however the roster has … Continue reading
It looks like Ian Desmond found a 1 year pillow deal with the Texas Rangers. More to follow! Once the Ian Desmond deal is official, the Nats will move up to the 28th and 29th spots in the Draft Order … Continue reading
It is February 1st and do you know where Ian Desmond is? Unfortunately Desi is one of the high profile free agents who still has not signed with a team. If Ian Desmond is signed by any team (other than … Continue reading
The twitterverse and the air waves were loaded with Cespedes rumors swirling with offers from the Nats. The deal isn’t done yet, and the waiting game is so much fun when the team that finished ahead of you last year … Continue reading
The Nationals are not done in the Free Agent market as Mike Rizzo will sign some additional veteran players to Minor League deals with invitations to Spring Training. Some call it filler, but Rizzo is looking for his next Clint … Continue reading
Seems pretty clear that the current Qualifying Offer (QO) system is working to the detriment of the players; and it is not clear that it provide any significant benefits to the teams. The way QOs will work (if they even exist) … Continue reading
From Opening Day to August 31st, there are only 750 employed Major League baseball players (plus disabled list players) at any one time. That breaks down to 150 starting pitchers, 210 relief pitchers, and 390 position players. There’s only 30 … Continue reading