Opening Day should be a national holiday!
Bryce Harper (@bharper3407)
- Mets travel to TBOTPB; Fedde starts; Team USA victorious!
- Tanner Roark and Daniel Murphy are the best of baseball
- Max Scherzer makes his Grapefruit League debut; Roark stars in the WBC; Zimmerman is in a groove
- Nats Bats on the Upswing?
- Tanner Roark gets the historic start for Team USA in what he acknowledged is the biggest game of his career!
- The Braves travel to TBOTPB; Words exchanged between Baker & Leyland over WBC
- The Bronx Bombers visit TBOTPB; Vance Worley gets the start! Ryan Zimmerman update
- What Does Statcast’s New Catch Probability Metric Tell Us About the Washington Nationals?
- Back to Jupiter with Stephen Strasburg; Team USA wins Roark/Murphy
- Nats and Astros again in TBOTPB; Werth scratched; WBC Murphy/Roark
Category Cloud18GameRecap Analysis Awards Breaking BudBlack Bullpen CoachingStaff Dusty Espinosa Feature FreeAgents Gio Giolito Harper InGame Jayson JRoss Lerners Lineup MASN MedicalStaff MikeRizzo Murphy NewsAndNotes NLEast Papelbon PostSeason Prospects Ramos Recap Rendon Revere RizzoForADay Roark Roster RyanZimmerman Sabermetrics Schedule Scherzer SpringTraining Starters Storen Strasburg Taylor Turner
Category Archives: Espinosa
On Tuesday Fangraphs published an article about how Danny Espinosa is changing his hitting style to try to swing with an upwards curve. This reminded me of something that I had heard last year that the Nats are being coached to swing … Continue reading
The infield has been our focus for the start of our 2017 team analysis. We are projecting the Nationals starting infield on Opening Day in 2017: 1B Ryan Zimmerman, 2B Daniel Murphy, SS Trea Turner, and 3B Anthony Rendon. Today’s … Continue reading
For previous 18-gamers, click here. Everyone’s attention has turned to the playoffs, and Saturday’s rainout means we have to wait until 1 pm on Sunday to see if the Nats can overcome that 1-0 deficit to the Dodgers. So there’s … Continue reading
Fortuitously for your faithful contributor who needed a little more time to pull together a post, the Nats 90th game of the season was last Sunday, with five days before the next game. So this 5th 18-gamer of the year … Continue reading
It didn’t start pretty but ended pretty nice with a 13-4 Nats win. Espinosa 2 blasts and 7 RBIs: Postgame
The game started off with Gio Gonzalez walking the lead-off man in a 3-2 count then gave up a double to Votto and hit Phillips to load the bases. The next batter batter hit into a doubleplay scoring 1 run. … Continue reading
In his chat on Monday, Thomas Boswell was asked about Espinosa’s performance vis-a-vis when Trea Turner would be called up. His response (quoted below) is thought provoking:
There’s been some discussion recently of the earliest date that Trea Turner could be called up and not reach a full year of service time (172 days) by the end of this season. The various people who have weighed in … Continue reading
Michael Taylor and Danny Espinosa power the Nats to a victory. Forget Strasburg’s 1st inning because he pitched a gem in his next 6 innings. Defense backed up Strasburg after the 1st inning and Jonathan Papelbon pulls the string again … Continue reading
This was the first walk-off HR in Chris Heisey’s career! He did it for the Nats in Spring Training one month ago, but this is the first regular season walk-off of his 54 career home runs. This was also the … Continue reading
Some want Opening Day to be a National Holiday, and for Daniel Murphy , his first Opening Day as a member of the Nationals was like a Holiday: Joyous and festive and with a lot of meaning. Murphy was 2-3 with 2 … Continue reading