Opening Day should be a national holiday!
Bryce Harper (@bharper3407)
- The 2018 #Nats roster and the free agents, options, and projections
- 111 questions for the 111 days to Spring Training
- Grading the 2017 Washington Nationals: Pitchers
- Baseball games should not be decided on non-baseball plays
- Analysis: Scherzer vs. Zobrist; The at-bat that changed Game #5
- The NLDS stats could shock you that Nats topped the Cubs in almost every category — except the win column which counts the most.
- Unfortunately more Game #5 Deja Vu as the Nats 2017 ends.
- Game #5 NLDS; One team will fly to LA after this game; One team will go home!
- First things first, who starts Game #5 tonight? Many choices and strategies!
- Stephen Strasburg makes Game #5 possible with a shutout for the ages! Trea scores; MAT slams; Nats win 5-0
Category Cloud18GameRecap Analysis Awards Breaking Bullpen CoachingStaff Dusty Espinosa Feature FreeAgents Gio Giolito Harper InGame Jayson JRoss Kelley Lerners Lineup MASN MedicalStaff MikeRizzo Murphy NLEast Papelbon PostSeason Prospects Ramos Recap Rendon Revere RizzoForADay Roark Roster RyanZimmerman Sabermetrics Schedule Scherzer SpringTraining Starters Storen Strasburg Taylor Turner Uncategorized
Category Archives: RizzoForADay
THE DRAFT Today is the first day of the 2017 MLB amateur draft. The Nationals first pick is at number 25 which some believe never gets you top talent. Au contraire, Mike Trout was a 25th overall pick and so … Continue reading
The week was certainly an eventful one for the Washington Nationals. The United States won the World Baseball Classic, with Nats pitcher Tanner Roark and second baseman Daniel Murphy contributing to the effort. Outfielder Michael A. Taylor missed a few … Continue reading
A fun night at the #Nats #HotStove! pic.twitter.com/uxBddl4v2m — Erika (@UVAHooGirl) January 26, 2017 While I enjoy hearing all of the changes coming to Nats Park and getting a sneak peek at some of the giveaways, the second half of … Continue reading
Secrets are hard to keep on the big news, and the Nationals players found out on Sunday in Milwaukee that Lucas Giolito was going to be called up, and TalkNats reported that news also on Sunday on this blog and … Continue reading
There’s been some discussion recently of the earliest date that Trea Turner could be called up and not reach a full year of service time (172 days) by the end of this season. The various people who have weighed in … Continue reading
Some General Managers are more creative than others. When the Stephen Strasburg shutdown was announced in 2012, the plan seemingly lacked creativity. Stephen Strasburg pitched Opening Day on April 5th and pitched his turn in the rotation each time until … Continue reading
On Wednesday, the Nats leave Florida on a Delta jet flight back to Washington DC after their final Grapefruit League game against the Mets in Port St. Lucie. The final cuts have not been made yet, however the roster has … Continue reading
The Washington Nationals on September 27th of 2015 hit their low-point of the season when Jonathan Papelbon put his hand around Bryce Harper’s neck in what we’ve called “The Choke”. It became emblematic of the way the 2015 Nats season … Continue reading
There has been quite a bit of discussion lately regarding whether the Nationals need to go out and get a catcher to replace Wilson Ramos. There is concern about his offense given his performance in 2015. There is also concern … Continue reading
On the morning of December 24, 2015 and creeping up on Mike Rizzo’s Christmas Eve, he had not signed one infielder to the Major League roster and had actually seen attrition in his infield roster as his Silver Slugger shortstop … Continue reading