Opening Day should be a national holiday!
Bryce Harper (@bharper3407)
- Game #124 EJax is trying to build on his recent success for the #Nats
- Matt Wieters powers the offense; “The Firm” gets it done!
- Game #123 Nationals to face one of the best teams in the American League
- Split Squad line-up beats their “A” line-up in 6 of 9 games since Bryce Harper’s injury
- Syracuse Chiefs Game #128 features #Nats Trea Turner & Jayson Werth
- The #Nats bullpen goes from a weakness to a strength
- Gio pitches a gem lowering his ERA to 2.39; Nats win 3 of 4 in San Diego
- Game #122 The Nationals final regular season game in California
- Stephen Strasburg looked great even though he takes the 2 ER loss
- Game #121 Stephen Strasburg the kid from San Diego!
Category Cloud18GameRecap Analysis Awards Breaking BudBlack Bullpen CoachingStaff Dusty Espinosa Feature FreeAgents Gio Giolito Harper InGame Jayson JRoss Kelley Lerners Lineup MASN MedicalStaff MikeRizzo Murphy NLEast Papelbon PostSeason Prospects Ramos Recap Rendon Revere RizzoForADay Roark Roster RyanZimmerman Sabermetrics Schedule Scherzer SpringTraining Starters Storen Strasburg Taylor Turner
Category Archives: PostSeason
There is no doubt that your top 3 pitchers for the Washington Nationals this year have been Max Scherzer, Gio Gonzalez, and Stephen Strasburg. Seeding them at this point by ERA is easy in that order. Scherzer and Strasburg were … Continue reading
Many contending teams will be making trades starting today, will the Nationals be one of them? Last year at this time, the Nationals were not in a hurry to make trades although the need for a lefty man in the … Continue reading
For previous 18-gamers, click here. Everyone’s attention has turned to the playoffs, and Saturday’s rainout means we have to wait until 1 pm on Sunday to see if the Nats can overcome that 1-0 deficit to the Dodgers. So there’s … Continue reading
Time to update our post from last week, 13 Games Left and Counting Down to the #Nats in the Post-Season. The Nationals have clinched the NL East and now the focus needs to be home field advantage for the National … Continue reading
In a recent post (Exactly who are the DHs in the AL?) coolhandbane suggested an article on shortening the MLB schedule. And Laura Peebles mentioned double-headers and problems that MLB has in scheduling make-up games for rain-outs given that many teams … Continue reading
The clutch closer again makes the difference in the playoffs. Whether it was Luke Gregerson for Houston or Kenley Jansen for the Dodgers or Wade Davis for the Royals or Jeurys Familia for the Mets these closers made every save … Continue reading
With a runner on 2nd and 1 out and the Dodgers down by 1 run, Chase Utley was inserted as a pinch-hitter and promptly blooped a single to the outfield which sent the runner to 3rd. Bartolo Colon had replaced … Continue reading
Community member Hiram Hover brought up the song Help! by the Beatles in what the Nats need for next season. The Nats need help, and as fans, we need help also. The 7th inning buried the Nats once again. As … Continue reading
The Nats have a showdown at the Nats Park. They better come ready to fight because today starts the road to improving their chances to making the postseason. The Nats are 4 games behind the team they will be playing … Continue reading