Opening Day should be a national holiday!
Bryce Harper (@bharper3407)
- The 2018 #Nats roster and the free agents, options, and projections
- 111 questions for the 111 days to Spring Training
- Grading the 2017 Washington Nationals: Pitchers
- Baseball games should not be decided on non-baseball plays
- Analysis: Scherzer vs. Zobrist; The at-bat that changed Game #5
- The NLDS stats could shock you that Nats topped the Cubs in almost every category — except the win column which counts the most.
- Unfortunately more Game #5 Deja Vu as the Nats 2017 ends.
- Game #5 NLDS; One team will fly to LA after this game; One team will go home!
- First things first, who starts Game #5 tonight? Many choices and strategies!
- Stephen Strasburg makes Game #5 possible with a shutout for the ages! Trea scores; MAT slams; Nats win 5-0
Category Cloud18GameRecap Analysis Awards Breaking Bullpen CoachingStaff Dusty Espinosa Feature FreeAgents Gio Giolito Harper InGame Jayson JRoss Kelley Lerners Lineup MASN MedicalStaff MikeRizzo Murphy NLEast Papelbon PostSeason Prospects Ramos Recap Rendon Revere RizzoForADay Roark Roster RyanZimmerman Sabermetrics Schedule Scherzer SpringTraining Starters Storen Strasburg Taylor Turner Uncategorized
Category Archives: PostSeason
Many of us thought that Dusty Baker would configure the team once again with a 7-man bullpen and a 6-man bench — and he has. There are a few surprises on the NLDS roster just like last year. The players who … Continue reading
As George Steinbrenner once said as the iconic owner of the Yankees, “Anybody seen Reggie Jackson? I need a Mr. October, and all I’ve got is a Mr. May — Dave Winfield“. Sure, it wasn’t congenial of Steinbrenner to say, and he … Continue reading
You can only carry 25 players on your post-season roster. That is a rule. No expanded rosters in the post-season like managers have now. Last year in the NLDS, Dusty Baker went with an ill-advised 6 man bench and a … Continue reading
There is no doubt that your top 3 pitchers for the Washington Nationals this year have been Max Scherzer, Gio Gonzalez, and Stephen Strasburg. Seeding them at this point by ERA is easy in that order. Scherzer and Strasburg were … Continue reading
Many contending teams will be making trades starting today, will the Nationals be one of them? Last year at this time, the Nationals were not in a hurry to make trades although the need for a lefty man in the … Continue reading
For previous 18-gamers, click here. Everyone’s attention has turned to the playoffs, and Saturday’s rainout means we have to wait until 1 pm on Sunday to see if the Nats can overcome that 1-0 deficit to the Dodgers. So there’s … Continue reading
Time to update our post from last week, 13 Games Left and Counting Down to the #Nats in the Post-Season. The Nationals have clinched the NL East and now the focus needs to be home field advantage for the National … Continue reading
In a recent post (Exactly who are the DHs in the AL?) coolhandbane suggested an article on shortening the MLB schedule. And Laura Peebles mentioned double-headers and problems that MLB has in scheduling make-up games for rain-outs given that many teams … Continue reading
The clutch closer again makes the difference in the playoffs. Whether it was Luke Gregerson for Houston or Kenley Jansen for the Dodgers or Wade Davis for the Royals or Jeurys Familia for the Mets these closers made every save … Continue reading
With a runner on 2nd and 1 out and the Dodgers down by 1 run, Chase Utley was inserted as a pinch-hitter and promptly blooped a single to the outfield which sent the runner to 3rd. Bartolo Colon had replaced … Continue reading