Opening Day should be a national holiday!
Bryce Harper (@bharper3407)
- Game #124 EJax is trying to build on his recent success for the #Nats
- Matt Wieters powers the offense; “The Firm” gets it done!
- Game #123 Nationals to face one of the best teams in the American League
- Split Squad line-up beats their “A” line-up in 6 of 9 games since Bryce Harper’s injury
- Syracuse Chiefs Game #128 features #Nats Trea Turner & Jayson Werth
- The #Nats bullpen goes from a weakness to a strength
- Gio pitches a gem lowering his ERA to 2.39; Nats win 3 of 4 in San Diego
- Game #122 The Nationals final regular season game in California
- Stephen Strasburg looked great even though he takes the 2 ER loss
- Game #121 Stephen Strasburg the kid from San Diego!
Category Cloud18GameRecap Analysis Awards Breaking BudBlack Bullpen CoachingStaff Dusty Espinosa Feature FreeAgents Gio Giolito Harper InGame Jayson JRoss Kelley Lerners Lineup MASN MedicalStaff MikeRizzo Murphy NLEast Papelbon PostSeason Prospects Ramos Recap Rendon Revere RizzoForADay Roark Roster RyanZimmerman Sabermetrics Schedule Scherzer SpringTraining Starters Storen Strasburg Taylor Turner
Category Archives: NLEast
For links to previous 18-gamers, click here. Following up their hot 13-5 start, the Nats logged a respectable 10-8 in the second 18 game set. Their 23-13 record after the first two sets is exactly the same as the record … Continue reading
When analyzing the 2017 Washington Nationals roster, we turned to FanGraphs to analyze how they projected 90 wins for the 2017 Nationals team. FanGraphs compiles their win totals from cumulative WAR based on the 40 man roster players and projecting … Continue reading
The NL East was much stronger than the off-season projections for 2016, and the division put 2 teams into the post-season. The division was hit hard by injuries to key players, and the death of Jose Fernandez. Fangraphs’ 2016 projections … Continue reading
For previous 18-gamers, click here. Everyone’s attention has turned to the playoffs, and Saturday’s rainout means we have to wait until 1 pm on Sunday to see if the Nats can overcome that 1-0 deficit to the Dodgers. So there’s … Continue reading
For previous 18-gamers, click here. As the last 18 game set came to a close, the Nats had lost three straight to the Orioles. In the third loss, Daniel Murphy hit his first career grand slam in the 9th inning … Continue reading
Fortuitously for your faithful contributor who needed a little more time to pull together a post, the Nats 90th game of the season was last Sunday, with five days before the next game. So this 5th 18-gamer of the year … Continue reading
Comparing head-to-head schedules is always a challenge. Teams, obviously don’t have the same schedules. And how do you separate the issue of whether an opponent is a good team, a bad team or an average run-of-the-mill team as they too … Continue reading
Sure would be nice if we could just forget the last two games of the Marlins series, wouldn’t it? Well, since the second 18 games of the season ended with the front end of Saturday’s doubleheader, let’s do that. For … Continue reading
At this moment the NL East is the best division in baseball by record. The Mets are in 1st Place by a 1/2 game, followed by the Nationals who are ahead of the surprising Phillies by 1 game, and the … Continue reading