Opening Day should be a national holiday!
Bryce Harper (@bharper3407)
- Dusty Baker has unfinished business!
- The 2018 #Nats roster and the free agents, options, and projections
- 111 questions for the 111 days to Spring Training
- Grading the 2017 Washington Nationals: Pitchers
- Baseball games should not be decided on non-baseball plays
- Analysis: Scherzer vs. Zobrist; The at-bat that changed Game #5
- The NLDS stats could shock you that Nats topped the Cubs in almost every category — except the win column which counts the most.
- Unfortunately more Game #5 Deja Vu as the Nats 2017 ends.
- Game #5 NLDS; One team will fly to LA after this game; One team will go home!
- First things first, who starts Game #5 tonight? Many choices and strategies!
Category Cloud18GameRecap Analysis Awards Breaking Bullpen CoachingStaff Dusty Espinosa Feature FreeAgents Gio Giolito Harper InGame Jayson JRoss Kelley Lerners Lineup MASN MedicalStaff MikeRizzo Murphy NLEast Papelbon PostSeason Prospects Ramos Recap Rendon Revere RizzoForADay Roark Roster RyanZimmerman Sabermetrics Schedule Scherzer SpringTraining Starters Storen Strasburg Taylor Turner Uncategorized
Category Archives: NLEast
For previous 18 gamers, click here. You may recall that the 6th 18-gamer was essentially the Bryce Harper show. With six homers, five in the first inning, Bryce led the way to a 10-8 set with a lot of help from … Continue reading
For links to previous 18-gamers, click here. Following up their hot 13-5 start, the Nats logged a respectable 10-8 in the second 18 game set. Their 23-13 record after the first two sets is exactly the same as the record … Continue reading
When analyzing the 2017 Washington Nationals roster, we turned to FanGraphs to analyze how they projected 90 wins for the 2017 Nationals team. FanGraphs compiles their win totals from cumulative WAR based on the 40 man roster players and projecting … Continue reading
The NL East was much stronger than the off-season projections for 2016, and the division put 2 teams into the post-season. The division was hit hard by injuries to key players, and the death of Jose Fernandez. Fangraphs’ 2016 projections … Continue reading
For previous 18-gamers, click here. Everyone’s attention has turned to the playoffs, and Saturday’s rainout means we have to wait until 1 pm on Sunday to see if the Nats can overcome that 1-0 deficit to the Dodgers. So there’s … Continue reading
For previous 18-gamers, click here. As the last 18 game set came to a close, the Nats had lost three straight to the Orioles. In the third loss, Daniel Murphy hit his first career grand slam in the 9th inning … Continue reading
Fortuitously for your faithful contributor who needed a little more time to pull together a post, the Nats 90th game of the season was last Sunday, with five days before the next game. So this 5th 18-gamer of the year … Continue reading
Comparing head-to-head schedules is always a challenge. Teams, obviously don’t have the same schedules. And how do you separate the issue of whether an opponent is a good team, a bad team or an average run-of-the-mill team as they too … Continue reading
Sure would be nice if we could just forget the last two games of the Marlins series, wouldn’t it? Well, since the second 18 games of the season ended with the front end of Saturday’s doubleheader, let’s do that. For … Continue reading