Opening Day should be a national holiday!
Bryce Harper (@bharper3407)
- The 2018 #Nats roster and the free agents, options, and projections
- 111 questions for the 111 days to Spring Training
- Grading the 2017 Washington Nationals: Pitchers
- Baseball games should not be decided on non-baseball plays
- Analysis: Scherzer vs. Zobrist; The at-bat that changed Game #5
- The NLDS stats could shock you that Nats topped the Cubs in almost every category — except the win column which counts the most.
- Unfortunately more Game #5 Deja Vu as the Nats 2017 ends.
- Game #5 NLDS; One team will fly to LA after this game; One team will go home!
- First things first, who starts Game #5 tonight? Many choices and strategies!
- Stephen Strasburg makes Game #5 possible with a shutout for the ages! Trea scores; MAT slams; Nats win 5-0
Category Cloud18GameRecap Analysis Awards Breaking Bullpen CoachingStaff Dusty Espinosa Feature FreeAgents Gio Giolito Harper InGame Jayson JRoss Kelley Lerners Lineup MASN MedicalStaff MikeRizzo Murphy NLEast Papelbon PostSeason Prospects Ramos Recap Rendon Revere RizzoForADay Roark Roster RyanZimmerman Sabermetrics Schedule Scherzer SpringTraining Starters Storen Strasburg Taylor Turner Uncategorized
Category Archives: MedicalStaff
It is fitting that the newest addition to the Nationals team is like the old white pages of your C&P phone book if you are old enough to know what that means. Phone books had alphabetical listings from A-Z. Mike Rizzo … Continue reading
I love analytics. Really. The numbers quite often confirm what we see on the field, and indeed they often explain why things are the way they are. You want to know when Bryce Harper took that next step and became an … Continue reading
The article on ‘thin ice’ issues remains in the same status as the Nats enter Spring Training which officially starts in 3 days ending the Hot Stove season, and we move into the phase of hope and new beginnings for … Continue reading
Curiously, the “marketing” portion of Saturday’s Hot Stove meeting with Nats fans was more fun than the “baseball” segment—in my opinion. We were told we couldn’t video because “proprietary information” was coming out. And maybe it did, if you count … Continue reading
“I am a firm believer in the American people. If given the truth, they can be depended on to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer.”–Abraham Lincoln. And yes, there were … Continue reading
We are now less than 2 weeks to the official start of Spring Training. Metaphorically speaking, every team this time of the year has that thin ice warning for the areas of their team that lacks depth and screams of … Continue reading
As we turn the calendar from 2015 to 2016, we can finally refer to 2015 as last year. This year brings new hope and many new faces led by new manager Dusty Baker and a revamped coaching staff which includes … Continue reading
The timing of the Nats WinterFest was actually perfect for Rizzo to set up a dinner at near the Marriott Marquis on Saturday night so Dusty Baker and his coaches could finally meet their players. Mike Maddux and Chris Speier made the trip … Continue reading
It was Dusty Baker’s time at the microphone on Tuesday at the Winter Meetings in Nashville and he left us with more questions than answers. Dusty got into a little controversy over comments about Aroldis Chapman who is embroiled in a … Continue reading
Before the clock strikes midnight EST tomorrow night, teams must submit to the league office a list of all tenders and non-tenders from players eligible for arbitration. The Nats now have 8 arbitration eligible players after Carpenter’s DFA: Stephen Strasburg … Continue reading