Opening Day should be a national holiday!
Bryce Harper (@bharper3407)
- The 2018 #Nats roster and the free agents, options, and projections
- 111 questions for the 111 days to Spring Training
- Grading the 2017 Washington Nationals: Pitchers
- Baseball games should not be decided on non-baseball plays
- Analysis: Scherzer vs. Zobrist; The at-bat that changed Game #5
- The NLDS stats could shock you that Nats topped the Cubs in almost every category — except the win column which counts the most.
- Unfortunately more Game #5 Deja Vu as the Nats 2017 ends.
- Game #5 NLDS; One team will fly to LA after this game; One team will go home!
- First things first, who starts Game #5 tonight? Many choices and strategies!
- Stephen Strasburg makes Game #5 possible with a shutout for the ages! Trea scores; MAT slams; Nats win 5-0
Category Cloud18GameRecap Analysis Awards Breaking Bullpen CoachingStaff Dusty Espinosa Feature FreeAgents Gio Giolito Harper InGame Jayson JRoss Kelley Lerners Lineup MASN MedicalStaff MikeRizzo Murphy NLEast Papelbon PostSeason Prospects Ramos Recap Rendon Revere RizzoForADay Roark Roster RyanZimmerman Sabermetrics Schedule Scherzer SpringTraining Starters Storen Strasburg Taylor Turner Uncategorized
Category Archives: Recap
The Nationals lost this game #5 by a final score of 9-to-8 and at times this was as sloppy of a game as we have seen the Washington Nationals play. The Nationals led early by a score of 4-to-1 and … Continue reading
Stephen Strasburg makes Game #5 possible with a shutout for the ages! Trea scores; MAT slams; Nats win 5-0
The Nationals have now forced a game #5 with this win tonight! The Hollywood scriptwriters out-did themselves with portraying the sick and frail Stephen Strasburg as the hero of this post-season. Strasburg has now thrown 14.0 innings with a 0.00 … Continue reading
In this game 3 loss to the Cubs, the Nats got beat technically by a bloop single in the 8th inning, but some simple moves were never made which included a strategic defensive change at the top of the 7th … Continue reading
Were you one of the believers or were you giving up on this team in the late innings? The Nationals looked lethargic on offense for 16 innings of this NLDS, and in the 17th inning of this NLDS with a … Continue reading
Brilliance on the mound by Stephen Strasburg tonight went statistically wasted. Stras had a no-hitter going into the 6th inning with 2-outs in a 0-to-0 game, but a simple error to start the inning raised the intensity level to High … Continue reading
The main goal in this game was for the players to get their final work completed before the first game of the NLDS on Friday. Bryce Harper went 2-for-4 with a walk and looked like he had his timing in … Continue reading
First things first, Max Scherzer exited the game with some leg tightness in the 4th inning while throwing a shutout and a one-hitter. Scherzer did go for a precautionary MRI. Dusty Baker brought in AJ Cole who continued the shutout … Continue reading
Stephen Strasburg went 7 2/3 scoreless innings and dominated in the first 4 2/3 innings where Stras was perfect. He had a 2-hitter for his outing and was pulled after walking 2 batters in the 8th inning. Strasburg finishes his … Continue reading
In a strange development, the previously always perfect Sean Doolittle was imperfect tonight in his first appearance after his birthday when he suffered a blown save. The good news is that Dooo kept it at a tie in the top … Continue reading
The Nationals had good starting pitching from A.J. Cole to earn him his 3rd win of the season which also happens to be the team’s 95th win matching the season’s total from 2016. All the offense needed was that 2-run … Continue reading