Opening Day should be a national holiday!
Bryce Harper (@bharper3407)
- The 2018 #Nats roster and the free agents, options, and projections
- 111 questions for the 111 days to Spring Training
- Grading the 2017 Washington Nationals: Pitchers
- Baseball games should not be decided on non-baseball plays
- Analysis: Scherzer vs. Zobrist; The at-bat that changed Game #5
- The NLDS stats could shock you that Nats topped the Cubs in almost every category — except the win column which counts the most.
- Unfortunately more Game #5 Deja Vu as the Nats 2017 ends.
- Game #5 NLDS; One team will fly to LA after this game; One team will go home!
- First things first, who starts Game #5 tonight? Many choices and strategies!
- Stephen Strasburg makes Game #5 possible with a shutout for the ages! Trea scores; MAT slams; Nats win 5-0
Category Cloud18GameRecap Analysis Awards Breaking Bullpen CoachingStaff Dusty Espinosa Feature FreeAgents Gio Giolito Harper InGame Jayson JRoss Kelley Lerners Lineup MASN MedicalStaff MikeRizzo Murphy NLEast Papelbon PostSeason Prospects Ramos Recap Rendon Revere RizzoForADay Roark Roster RyanZimmerman Sabermetrics Schedule Scherzer SpringTraining Starters Storen Strasburg Taylor Turner Uncategorized
Category Archives: Dusty
Last night’s Wild Card game was wild. The Yankees starting pitching ace, Luis Severino, was hooked quickly after 6 batters in the first inning with one recorded out, and wisely deduced by the Yankees manager Joe Girardi because he kept … Continue reading
As George Steinbrenner once said as the iconic owner of the Yankees, “Anybody seen Reggie Jackson? I need a Mr. October, and all I’ve got is a Mr. May — Dave Winfield“. Sure, it wasn’t congenial of Steinbrenner to say, and he … Continue reading
Pitching coach Mike Maddux should be smiling. There was that time the Nationals bullpen was teetering near a 6.00 ERA this season and the doom and gloom ensued and now the Nats bullpen is statistically the best bullpen in the … Continue reading
With the Washington Nationals clinched, the National League East is set for 2017. It’s time for Nationals fans to start shifting their attention once again towards October. For the fourth time in the last six years, the Nats will play meaningful … Continue reading
For previous 18 gamers, click here. Regular readers know that Game 90 took place when I was out of the country. Putting together a blog post as scheduled was not in the cards, but I did manage to keep tab … Continue reading
We see you Dusty Baker, put your glasses on, sit down and tell us the story about how glad you are to be back in baseball, and how wonderful it is to be in the nation’s capital skippering a team … Continue reading
For links to previous 18-gamers, click here. You will recall that in the second 18-game set this season the Nats managed a 10-8 record despite some pitching woes, because their hitters continued to be on fire. The third set of 18 … Continue reading
The week was certainly an eventful one for the Washington Nationals. The United States won the World Baseball Classic, with Nats pitcher Tanner Roark and second baseman Daniel Murphy contributing to the effort. Outfielder Michael A. Taylor missed a few … Continue reading
On Tuesday Fangraphs published an article about how Danny Espinosa is changing his hitting style to try to swing with an upwards curve. This reminded me of something that I had heard last year that the Nats are being coached to swing … Continue reading