Opening Day should be a national holiday!
Bryce Harper (@bharper3407)
- Mets travel to TBOTPB; Fedde starts; Team USA victorious!
- Tanner Roark and Daniel Murphy are the best of baseball
- Max Scherzer makes his Grapefruit League debut; Roark stars in the WBC; Zimmerman is in a groove
- Nats Bats on the Upswing?
- Tanner Roark gets the historic start for Team USA in what he acknowledged is the biggest game of his career!
- The Braves travel to TBOTPB; Words exchanged between Baker & Leyland over WBC
- The Bronx Bombers visit TBOTPB; Vance Worley gets the start! Ryan Zimmerman update
- What Does Statcast’s New Catch Probability Metric Tell Us About the Washington Nationals?
- Back to Jupiter with Stephen Strasburg; Team USA wins Roark/Murphy
- Nats and Astros again in TBOTPB; Werth scratched; WBC Murphy/Roark
Category Cloud18GameRecap Analysis Awards Breaking BudBlack Bullpen CoachingStaff Dusty Espinosa Feature FreeAgents Gio Giolito Harper InGame Jayson JRoss Lerners Lineup MASN MedicalStaff MikeRizzo Murphy NewsAndNotes NLEast Papelbon PostSeason Prospects Ramos Recap Rendon Revere RizzoForADay Roark Roster RyanZimmerman Sabermetrics Schedule Scherzer SpringTraining Starters Storen Strasburg Taylor Turner
Category Archives: CoachingStaff
On Tuesday Fangraphs published an article about how Danny Espinosa is changing his hitting style to try to swing with an upwards curve. This reminded me of something that I had heard last year that the Nats are being coached to swing … Continue reading
You most likely have heard that Dusty Baker is in the final year of the two-year contract he signed early in the off-season after Matt Williams was let go after the 2015 season. The 67-year-old Baker is a cinch for … Continue reading
Today is the 12th game for the Washington Nationals on the Grapefruit League schedule. Today’s game is in Jupiter, Florida just up the street from West Palm Beach in Palm Beach County, Florida. Today’s starters are Stephen Strasburg for the … Continue reading
Max Scherzer is still nursing that injured knuckle as he recovers from a hairline fracture suffered last season. Scherzer decided that a three-finger grip would eliminate the pain, and he has been perfecting this new grip which he debuted in … Continue reading
The Washington Nationals are almost fully constructed for Opening Day, barring a significant injury during the month of March. After a (sometimes aggravatingly) sleepy winter, general manager Mike Rizzo emerged from hibernation last month, snapping up first baseman Adam Lind, … Continue reading
The name Koda Glover is relatively unknown outside the circle of Washington Nationals fans and insiders. The average MLB fan most likely won’t know who Glover is, but they’ll know soon enough. He was drafted in the eighth round of the … Continue reading
Photo from Getty Images There is a mutual admiration that speed burners have for each other, and Davey Lopes and Trea Turner share that bond. Lopes was one of the best speed men in the game, but he would be … Continue reading
We decided to do another chat, and this time we have freelance writer Alex Yalen who is often seen on TalkNats under the name Sim Alex. We thought we would discuss Dusty Baker.
The Nats went back to the future and traded for Derek Norris who they got from the San Diego Padres for Low-A pitcher Pedro Avila. Norris was once a top prospect with the Nationals.
While many are thinking of their Thanksgiving plans, Dusty Baker and Mike Rizzo and staff still have work to do. Mike Rizzo re-signed Chris Heisey as a key bench player, and have added some non-roster players like Brandon Snyder over … Continue reading