Opening Day should be a national holiday!
Bryce Harper (@bharper3407)
- Scherzer struggled; Nats claw back to tie it from down 5-0; lose it in the end
- Game #95 Scherzer gets series opener in Arizona
- Adam Eaton takes his passion for cars to benefit cancer patients!
- A tip of the cap to Nationals draft pick Alex Meyer
- Game #94 Gio Gonzalez back in the AL West tonight!
- EJax 7 inning 2 run outing and a 4-4 for Bryce Harper; New bullpen gets the hold & save!
- Game #93 New teammate(s) will be part of this game in Anaheim tonight!
- Dusty wanted 20 games over .500; He got it today!
- Game #92 Stephen Strasburg has today; #Nats head to California to pick-up 3 new teammates!
- Mike Rizzo pulls off a blockbuster trade for Ryan Madson/Sean Doolittle
Category Cloud18GameRecap Analysis Awards Breaking BudBlack Bullpen CoachingStaff Dusty Espinosa Feature FreeAgents Gio Giolito Harper InGame Jayson JRoss Kelley Lerners Lineup MASN MedicalStaff MikeRizzo Murphy NLEast Papelbon PostSeason Prospects Ramos Recap Rendon Revere RizzoForADay Roark Roster RyanZimmerman Sabermetrics Schedule Scherzer SpringTraining Starters Storen Strasburg Taylor Turner
Author Archives: Section222
For previous 18 gamers, click here. The fourth 18-game set was the worst of the Nats’ season so far, 9-9. As regular readers of these 18-gamers know, averaging 10-8 in the nine sets in the season gets you 90 wins, … Continue reading
For links to previous 18-gamers, click here. You will recall that in the second 18-game set this season the Nats managed a 10-8 record despite some pitching woes, because their hitters continued to be on fire. The third set of 18 … Continue reading
The discussion over the past several days has focused on two problems that together create a perplexing dilemma. On the one hand, many commenters are very concerned about “overuse” of the starters (Problem #1). On the other hand, a lot … Continue reading
For links to previous 18-gamers, click here. Following up their hot 13-5 start, the Nats logged a respectable 10-8 in the second 18 game set. Their 23-13 record after the first two sets is exactly the same as the record … Continue reading
My 18-game posts have a long and sordid history. For those who are new to this rodeo, check out the first few paragraphs of last year’s first 18-gamer for an explanation of what these posts are all about. And for links to … Continue reading
Some of you who’ve been on TalkNats for a while may remember a few posts a year ago about the annual meeting of the local chapter of the Society of American Baseball Research (SABR). Several TN regulars attended and found … Continue reading
Any Nats fan who has listened to Anthony “Tony Two Bags” Rendon talk about hitting knows what “barreling the ball up” means. TTB talks about that as his goal in just about any situation – making solid contact with the … Continue reading
For previous 18-gamers, click here. Everyone’s attention has turned to the playoffs, and Saturday’s rainout means we have to wait until 1 pm on Sunday to see if the Nats can overcome that 1-0 deficit to the Dodgers. So there’s … Continue reading
For previous 18-gamers, click here. As the last 18 game set came to a close, the Nats had lost three straight to the Orioles. In the third loss, Daniel Murphy hit his first career grand slam in the 9th inning … Continue reading