TalkNats.com started on a WordPress format as Going Deep With The Nats and quickly needed a larger format and it’s own domain where we could grow in our community.
This is a community blog authored by many writers on subjects about the Washington Nationals baseball team. This blog is not affiliated with the Washington Nationals.
The site is moderated and is open to those who want to make a positive impact with their comments as the goals are simple to have fun and hopefully learn along the way from insight provided by a variety of people. This blog is also interactive where site authors are also participants in the interaction in the comments section.
TalkNats using the Disqus commenting system. You can comment by logging in using your Facebook, Twitter or Google id. You can also create an Disqus id. A list of selected Disqus features you may want to take advantage of:
- You can edit your comments!
- Comments can be sorted by oldest first, newest first or best. Best is determined as the difference between the number of up-votes and down-votes.
- You can express your agreement with a comment by using the up or down vote (the up/down arrows).
- So for people coming from other sites that +1 as a “like”, there’s no need for the numerous +1s. Just up-vote to express your agreement.
- Disqus displays how long ago the comment was made. If you want to see the exact time, just hover your mouse over the time displayed.
- There is basically no limit on how many levels replies can be embedded. But after the third level of replies, they are no longer indented. But each comment shows who the reply was to.
- Depending on your device you don’t need to refresh or reload the page to see new comments.
Each article can be tagged/categorized in a number of categories.
- The categories for a given article are listed at the bottom of the article.
- We also have a category cloud, (placement depends on your device) that shows all the categories for the articles. The larger the text, the more articles in that category.
- Just click on the category text to see a listing of all the articles in that category.
The site is owned jointly by Image Works founder Scott Margenau and his group has been providing all the tech support [email protected] to this blog and Allstars Sports Marketing founder Andrew Lang [email protected] None of the regular authors on this blog have any ownership or get paid to post here including Steve “Ghost” Mears. The authors participate because this is a passion and something they want to do. Special thanks to Don Henderson aka Zmunchkin who has also put in long hours in tech support and formatting posts on a daily basis while also providing great statistical analysis and commentary.
Advertising: You may have noticed there is no advertising on this site most times and no annoying pop-ups and no selling of mailing lists. The owners of the site are providing this content while funding the costs themselves. This could obviously change at some point as they would like to at least get this to breakeven and the eventual goal is to have Nats inspired advertising.
Any inquiries can be directed to Steve M. at [email protected]